General upgrade guide
Please follow these instructions to upgrade LinkAce to a newer version.
Upgrade a Docker installation
LinkAce has its own update script which will guide you trough the update process. You can download the script from the repository: update-docker.sh
Alternatively, you can run all actions on your own. This might be helpful if you have a non-standard environment.
- Stop your current containers:
- This step only applies to the advanced setup method. Delete the current app volume, where
linkace_linkace_appis the name of your volume. You may find the exact name by running
docker volume ls, the volume must end with
docker volume rm linkace_linkace_app
- Pull the new image:
docker pull linkace/linkace
- Restart your container:
docker-compose up -d
- Run the database migrations and delete the current cache:
docker exec -it linkace_php_1 php artisan migrate docker exec -it linkace_php_1 php artisan cache:clearYou may get a warning about running the migration in production mode. You should confirm the migration by answering with
Make sure to check the version-specific upgrade guides to make sure you don’t miss additional important steps.
Upgrade a non-Docker installation
- Get the latest version of LinkAce by downloading the package from the releases page.
Overwrite all existing files with the new ones. If you want to keep your log files, skip the
- Run the database migrations which are needed after all updates and delete the current cache:
php artisan migrate php artisan cache:clearYou may get a warning about running the migration in production mode. You should confirm the migration by answering with
yes. Make sure to check the version-specific upgrade guides to make sure you don’t miss additional important steps.
to version 1.6.0
- The command for cleaning link histories changed from
- You may want to run the links:update-thumbnails command to generate thumbnails for all existing links.
to version 1.4.1
Please add the following two settings to your .env file and fill them with your desired values:
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS (Address which is used to send emails from.)
MAIL_FROM_NAME (Name that should be displayed as the sender.)
to version 1.4.0
The Docker image for the simple setup was renamed from
linkace/linkace:simple. Please change this image name in your
Required change for simple Docker setup
- You have to change the destination port from 8080 to 80 in your docker-compose file:
- Remove the following line from the docker-compose file before pulling the new image and starting LinkAce:
from version v0.0.43 and below to higher
.env file: please rename
BACKUP_DISK=s3. If you have backup notifications enabled, please make sure to set a
from version v0.0.28 and below to higher
SETUP_COMPLETED=true to your
.env file to prevent the setup from starting automatically.